- Original artwork by Rachael Nerney
- Artwork measures 5" x 5" x 2"
- Created with gouache and acrylic on canvas
- Framed in a wood floater frame
- This piece is part of the Produce Love Notes series
- On view at the Saul Alexander Gallery 9/1-9/29, artwork will ship after the exhibition
Where does our food come from?
"My life could be summed up in grocery lists. A list for the famers market, a list for harris teeter, a list for whole foods market. Cooking is my favorite past time, and sourcing the best ingredients is something I spend a good deal of time thinking about. I keep a binder of my favorite printed recipes that I reference daily. This series began when I noticed all of the produce stickers stuck on each sheet of paper, completely forgotten and unintentionally placed.
Noticing all of the different countries of origin on each sticker, I began to think more about our food chain on a large scale. How fascinating it is that we can have strawberries year round from the grocery store, when 40 years ago they were only eaten in season. Global production makes this possible and is the root of the facade of abundance when shopping the aisles of the produce department." -Rachael Nerney